Hi -

I'm setting up some partitions RAID 1 on an already existing system
using software RAID.  I have two identical SCSI disks - one that was
all set up and one that is blank.  For each partition on the main
disk, I made a RAID device on the blank one with a missing disc (the
partition on the main disk).  Then I copied all the stuffs from the
main to the RAIDs, boot off the RAIDs and then reformat main disk,
declare it as the missing disc and let it all sync.

Anyways.....
I'm doing this remotely and reboot from time to time to test stuff out
(to check new partitions, mounting of RAID devices, mounting RAID
devices as root).

  I've been using lilo -R <word> a lot to test out new lilo stanzas
and kernels etc...  but this last reboot when I was testing lilo to
boot a RAID device I got a

VFS: Cannot open root device "901" or unknown-block(9,1)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option Kernel Panic:
VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(9,1)

the machine just sat there  (I was pinging it to watch it go down and
waiting for it to come back before sshing to it) and I had to call the
location and have someone report the error on the screen and power
cycle the beast.

Does anyone know of a way (or an option in lilo) to have the machine
reboot if it gets stuck in a Panic?

.