Yes I have, it was the first thing I tried. When Mondo works it's great
and I like it-- unfortunately Mondo appears to have issues with some of
my boxes. Since Mondo wasn't pure joy I rolled my own (good way to learn
the issues involved w/bare metal recovery if nothing else) and *appear*
to have it working except for the xfs issue (and now I'm curious).

Slightly off topic, part of my testing has been trying to restore to
dissimilar hardware (think disaster recovery). I was very pleasantly
amazed to be able to restore a Compaq DL320 running RedHat 7.3 to a
Omnitech desktop and have the restored box work (after running kudzu of
course)-- I think the only thing the two boxes have in common is a
Pentium processor.

--greg

PS. I just yesterday ran across a tool called mkCDrec
(http://mkcdrec.ota.be/) that looks similar to Mondo but haven't tested
it yet.