On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 11:15:29AM -0500, rotbau at squishnet.com wrote:
> I have recently set up qmail and I have a question regarding the mailer-daemon
> mail.  I am new to qmail (used to run sendmail) so this may be a easy/dumb
> question.

Congratulations.  Are you enjoying Qmail thus far?

> I get a fair number of bounces when qmail sends out a delivery failure notice
> for non existent user or user that has been deleted.  Of course most of the
> bounces are caused by spam so the failure notice from qmail gets bounced back
> to qmail which then notifies me via the mailer-daemon address of the failure.

I ended up getting a lot of these too.  What I did was replace
qmail-smtpd with qpsmtpd.  It's a replacement that works pretty well and
has lots of plugins for dealing with spam at the smtp conversation
level.  I think it's the best thing since spamassassin.

http://smtpd.develooper.com/

Nate