All:

I've been running this combination successfully (unstable, 2.4 kernel)
for a while (thanks to support from several of you!)

Today I upgraded the following packages:
  clamav clamav-base clamav-daemon clamav-freshclam libclamav1
from 0.75.1-4 to 0.80-2 and mail stopped getting delivered!

I tried...
1. ucf -p /etc/clamav/clamd.conf;dpkg-reconfigure clamav-daemon
   but that didn't work
2. downgrading the above packages to 0.75.1-4
   but that didn't work
3. disabling content filtering alltogether in /etc/postfix/main.cf
   # content_filter = smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
   And at least now NEW mail is getting through.

Ideally I'd like to figure out what's borked with 0.80-2 and
get that to go.. I've turned up various debugging but haven't
found anything yet.

The thing I'm most concerned about is mail that is in Postfix
waiting for content filtering, but is still stuck????
In other words I have several messages in
  /var/spool/postfix/{incoming,active/?/*

And they are (I believe) still queued to go to localhost:10024
but they are still stuck (i.e. postfix flush does not get them
on their way).

Does anyone have strategies for debugging this (ideally to
clear out these queues before turning content filtering back on)???

TIA,

--Tom