On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Patrick Hawkins wrote:

> I get the first prompt, but not the second. It just starts downloading
> and doesn't seem to end up anywhere, either the home directory or
> current working directory. Maybe lynx is just b0rked?

After it downloads, you have to hit "enter" again to "save file."  If you
don't do that, and give the file a name, it isn't saved.

I usually do it this way:

lynx -source URL_to_file > filename

I'll get the URL in a typical browser and paste it onto the command line
for Lynx.  It has to be put in quotes if there are certain characters in
the URL, e.g., question marks.

Mike

--
Michael B. Miller, Ph.D.