On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:15:10 -0500 (CDT), Mike Miller
<mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what it means to "emerge KDE"?  Sounds interesting.

it is the Gentoo command to get and/or install a package. Works sort
of like apt-get for Debian.

> > In order to continue the emerge process, I have to download a zipped set
> > of documents from sun.com, put them into the path of portage, and then
> > continue the emerge, all to satisfy an EULA. Bah.

I am fairly certain that when lynx encounters a non HTML file it will
prompt you first with do you want to save it to disk and then the
second prompt is where do you want to save it to. I am assuming it
will default to either your home directory or your current working
directory (the dir you are in when you launch lynx).

--
Loren H. Burlingame <loren at lhb.name>
GPG Key ID: 0x112DCF4F