On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Josh Welch wrote:

> FWIW, I've never had to reload a Windows server just because it had been
> running awhile, there are a couple I've had running for 2+ years that
> are still fairly solid, though they still like a weekly reboot. 12-18
> months for a Windows workstation is about the limit as I've seen before
> needing a reload, but its mostly because of the innstall/uninstall cylce
> your average workstations sees.

That is a great advantage of Linux - the kernel seems to be protected from
the software programs.  One program's effect on memory doesn't seem to
damage the functioning of other programs.  We can kill a program and get
back to work.  Windows has improved over the years, but it is still very
far from Linux in stability.

Mike