On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Shawn Fertch wrote:
> I have an HP 960c which is Linux and network capable via an HP
> JetDirect 170x box.

 I'll vouch for this setup.  At my work we have a 960c on a JetDirect EX
Plus3.  Mostly reliable, aside from when it randomly refuses to print
(unplug power and parallel, wait 15 seconds, plug back in).

> I paid $199 for it a few years back, and the cartridges are about $15
> for the black (HP #45) and $28 for the color (HP #78).

 Ah, good to know.  I'm not sure we've had to replace the cartridges yet
(it's our color-only printer, B&W is done on a LaserJet 8000).

     Jima