On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:08:51 -0500 (CDT)
Chris Schumann <cschumann at twp-llc.com> wrote:

> I want to register a domain for myself and my wife. Probably a .net
> or... dunno what.
>
> Can you recommend a reasonably priced, well-working company? One I
> can use from home if I don't have a fixed IP, etc., etc.

Even though they are about $5.00 more than the competition at $15.00 per year I use www.dyndns.org (who also does my dynamic DNS) since they have gratiously provided dynamic DNS services to me for free.  Even without that though, their registration system is nice and simple and I've had great, almost instant support when I had to ask questions.

If you want to save a few more dollars I've liked dotster.com.  Make sure you can at least control your name servers easily.

> And how about a cheap web host?

Yeah, me.  :)  I host a couple other TCLUG'ers for a discount rate.  LAMP setup on a colocated Debian box.  Pretty much set you up and leave you alone - no quotas as long as it's within reason.

Contact me off list if interested.

Josh