Chris,
  I think $200 is too much for it.  Especially given that a battery is
going to cost a fortune.  I don't want to low-ball you, but what's the
lowest you'll possibly consider for it?

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:32:26 -0500 (CDT), Chris Schumann
<cschumann at twp-llc.com> wrote:
> I've got a sad X20 and have no use for it. The display is too small for my
> wife, and it's underpowered for me. I bought it broken off eBay. It had a
> dark display and was stripped of parts. I replaced the CCFL inverter and
> the display now works perfectly! In fact, everything I've tested works
> without fail, and I'll offer an "all features working" guarantee or your
> money back.
>
> I've booted Knoppix from CD (using an X2 media slice that is not for
> sale), and I booted Fedora Core 2 (using a hard drive that is not
> included).
>
> It's a 2662-34U, so it has these features:
> - 600MHz Mobile PIII
> - 64MB RAM and one slot that takes up to 256MB
> - 12.1" XGA (1024x768) screen
> - ATI Rage Mobility M with 4MB video RAM
> - White ThinkLight LED for typing in the dark
> - 3.5 pound, single spindle ultraportable machine
> - One CF slot
> - One CardBus slot
> - Lucent v.92 modem
> - Intel 100Mbps NIC
> - Crystal CS4281/CS4297A audio
> o Windows 98SE license sticker (which I know none of YOU want)
>
> I'm asking $200 for it, but it's missing some parts.
>
> You need:
> o Hard disk
> o Disk caddy
> o Disk cover
> o Disk retention screw
> o Battery
> o AC adapter
> o OS of choice
>
> Installing your OS can be tricky.
>
> - Booting from supported USB floppy or CD drive works
> - Booting from optional X2 media slice with CD or DVD drive works
> - Booting from CF card or USB drive might work
> - Booting from network might work (it has Intel's Boot Agent)
> - Copying files onto your hard disk in another machine should work
> (but ThinkPads do weird things with drive geometry)
>
> Free local delivery.
>
> If you have interest or questions, let me know.
>
> Chris Schumann

-Shawn

"That which hits the fan, will not be evenly distributed."