Garrett Krueger wrote:
> The biggest two problems HP created a few years back were 1) taking Carly
> Fiorina as the CEO, and 2) buying/merging with Compaq.
>
> HP makes totally excellent printers!  For this current day, I'd say that's
> their nîche -- it's what they do well.  In the past (and still in the
> right "community," they're well known for their scientific instruments).

<snip>

Personally I'm partial to their network gear as well. Fairly reliable,
good feature set to price ratio.
By the way, there's nothing wrong necessarily with expensive proprietary
computers, there is some very cool stuff in that realm, but these days
the market only exists on the very high end for that kind of stuff, i.e.
their Integrity, Non-Stop, HP-UX and similar lines. Trying to do
expensive and proprietary on the x86 level is business suicide. Dell's
going to beat you up at one end and a thousand white-box manufacturers
are going to be beating you up at the other end.

Josh