I know that, at least in the local Minneapolis area, UPS buys
exclusively Compaq/HP computer stuff.

I am assuming that this would be a nation wide standard (given the
nature of UPS, which is all about standards)

With a contract like that, it is hard to see how HP could screw things
up so bad as to run themselves out of business.

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:29:33 -0500, Josh Trutwin
<josh at trutwins.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:21:31 -0500
> Brian Wall <kc0iog at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > HP has been developing some pretty crappy hardware
> > lately, so I expect to see the quality of our servers diminish as
> > time goes on.
>
> Man, amen about that.  My last (it really will be my last) piece of HP hardware was a SCSI CD-RW drive that I have yet to get to function, even on a Winders box.
>
> Josh

Loren H. Burlingame <loren at lhb.name>
GPG Key ID: 0x112DCF4F
"Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes."