Clay Fandre wrote:
> Next TCLUG Installfest
>
> When:
> Saturday, Oct 23rd, 2004 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
>
> Info:
> In return for the free use of the space and network folks who attend
> the installfest should purchase food/drink from the Cafe in the
> building. We need an approximate headcount of the number that plan on
> attending and that are interested in pizza. The Cafe will make the
> pizza. Sandwiches are also available. We would pay the Cafe for the
> food/drinks.
>
> A poster for the installfest can be found here:
> http://www.mn-linux.org/installfest/installfest-poster-20041023.pdf
> Please help promote the installfest by printing it out and posting it
> where appropriate.
>
> Where:
> The Renaissance Box
> 509 Sibley Street
> Saint Paul, MN 55101
> 1st floor North
> http://www.renbox.com
>
> Directions: http://www.renbox.com/content.asp?id=26
>
> Parking:
> There's a parking lot across the street from the building (North side
> of 10th St). It's $2/day on weekends. Otherwise there are meters
> around the side streets and you DO have to pay on Saturdays.
>
> There are several one-way streets around the building. If you get
> lost, go North on Jackson St to 10th St. Turn East (right) on 10th St.
> The parking lot will be on your left across from the building. You
> can't miss the building. There's a big sign on the top that says
> "Renaissance Box" on it.

Folks,
Additional details about this weekend's installfest; please read and
heed.

- There are about 60 FREE PARKING spaces on the weekend at the
  1st Baptist church parking lot; you'll see the church as you're
  driving around.

- Don't park in the lot at the grocery store on 10th St or YOU WILL BE
  TOWED.

- NO FOOD OR DRINK CAN BE BROUGHT IN.  In order to get the space for
  free, we need to buy food/drinks from the cafe.  The cafe has great
  coffee, soda, chips, sandwiches and pizza.  I had to pre-order pizzas
  so they would be ready for Saturday.  If we buy 15 pizzas and buy
  drinks from the cafe we're covered.  If not I'll get charged for the
  space and I don't have that kind of cash.  I don't think this is too
  much to ask of folks in exchange for the free event space, network, etc.

- We need to have the room cleared by 4:30pm as there is another event
  happening right after ours.  If you plan to install gentoo or some
  other  LFS/roll-your-own/compile everything from scratch distro, my
  advise is to arrive early and have a fast machine.  I will take the
  network down when closing time arrives.  You have been warned.

- Wireless access is available but we ask that folks only use it for
  casual websurfing, email, ssh, etc.  PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD ISOS OR
  ATTEMPTED INSTALLS OVER THE WIRELESS NETWORK.   If someone wants to
  bring their own wireless AP, you can plug it into the "installfest"
  network that I will have setup and install over that.  We just need
  to be considerate of the buildings other tenants and customers.

- Please bring switches, network cables, power strips or any other
  cables/accessories you need to make your computer go.  I will have a
  couple 8 port switches there but we will obviously need more.

- BYOM (bring your own CDR/CDRW media).  I will have my book of ISOs
  but I don't have a burner in the installfest server or any media.
  I will have some isos locally for ftp installs (RH9, slackware 10.0,
  possibly others as time permits).

If you have questions/comments contact me directly off list or directly
at 612.823.2781.
--
scot