On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:26:41 -0500 (CDT)
Sreekumar Kodakara <skodak at cs.umn.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all the inputs. Just one more thing. Will a standard 2.5
> inch drive which I can get for $75 at newegg.com like the one listed
> below
>
> Samsung 30GB 5400RPM Notebook Hard Drive, Model MP0302H, OEM Drive
> Only
>
> - Specifications -
>
> Capacity: 30GB
> Average Seek Time: 12 ms
> Buffer: 8MB
> Rotational Speed: 5,400 RPM
> Interface: ATA-6
> Features: Fluid Dynamic Bearing Motor Technology
> Packaging: OEM Drive Only
>
> Model#: MP0302H
> Item#: N82E16822152504
>
> work fine with dell laptop (4100)? I was just wondering if there is
> anything special with hard drives in laptop or in general laptop use
> the same type of hard drives like the one listed above. Mine is a
> 4100, which I guess was bought about 3 years or so ago.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sreekumar

Laptop drives can come in different physical heights. That is a concern
for your Dell 4100. My wife has a near identical machine, and the 12.5mm
tall drives don't fit. Make sure you are buying a 9.5mm tall drive. That
should be the only compatability issue you may encounter.

Good luck!

--
               -Kevin Hinze

rudie at rudie.net     |  rudie at sihope.com