The website portion you mention is not a function of Linux.  Rather, this
is a function of the browser, and you can certainly download/use a variety
of different browsers under Linux until you find one with which you're
comfortable.  The thing to remember here is that many people program web
pages to use Microsoft's Java Script support which IE supports more than
anyone else (because it's Microsoft).  There have always been the browser
wars (this site best viewed using...[Netscape, IE]).  I've run into
precious few web pages that don't work under Mozilla.  In fact, where I
work uses an Exchange server with Outlook Web Access as a messaging
system.  I always pull up OWA using Mozilla -- no problems -- buy you'd
think there would be :)

(Yes, my company went backward a couple of years ago and removed the LINUX
mail server only to replace it with an Exchange server.  It took them a
week "above and beyond" to get everything running alright.)