if you're using cisco switches it's pretty simple to set up, although
i don't have one in front of me so i can't give you steps. you just
need to console into the switch and from there on it's pretty
menu-driven. AFAIK unmanaged switches (read: cheap switches) don't
support any kind of port replication although i have heard that you
can overload the arp cache on some and get them to default into hub
mode.