The only time I have ever been injured working on a computer was
adding RAM to a first generation iMac. Put a nice sized gash in my
hand on some sharp piece of metal while trying to wriggle the CRT out
of there (or something like that).

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:12:13 -0500 (CDT), Garrett Krueger
<gkrueger at cleosci.com> wrote:
> First gen's can handle at least 256 ('cause I've done it).  There's a
> small pannel on the bottom that comes off turning the "lock" with a
> quarter (or coin or whatever).  This area will have your original DIMM
> plus an extra slot.
>

> > Does anybody know how to upgrade Imac memory?  Also does anyone know how
> > much a first gen Imac can handle?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dan

Loren H. Burlingame <loren at lhb.name>