On Thursday 07 October 2004 13:37, Scot Jenkins wrote:
> Robert D. De Mars wrote:
> > UPDATE.  10 seconds after I sent this message, I stepped
> > outside for a cig.  The 14" monitor is now gone :)
>
> yeah, either the city took it or a "alley driver".  You'd be surprised
> what you can put out and how fast it disappears.  I put an old gas stove
> out once and it was gone in 2 or 3 days.  People kept driving by and
> taking parts of it.  Eventually it was all gone.  amazing...

Reminds me of a story a friend told me. He had an old bicycle he wanted to get
rid of and decided to give it a way.  He leaned it up against a telephone
pole near his house and put a sign on the pole that said, "Free." It sat
there for days.  He finally took down the sign and wrapped a chain around the
bike and the pole, but didn't lock it. The bike was gone within hours.

Eric