On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:00:54 -0500, Andrew J. Hoyos <hoyosa at msoe.edu> wrote:
> Check out ibackup. I think it's a debian package, but I believe it can
> do all the things you want.

I may check that out, but I was looking for a flat script.  Not a
backup client ( again, I havne't looked into it).

Basically, the whole premise is that if you have to do a bare metal
DR, do you know what your filesystem sizes were?  How about the
services running, or even a snapshot of your system from time to time?

Scot, thanks for the info.  That's what I'm doing is slowly adding to
it, and would like to expand it out to cover the aspect of all *nixes
including the various distros.  The biggest problem is how to
determine what OS/distro a particular system is running or if it's a
LFS box.  The big UNIX's are pretty easy, but still...

--
-Shawn

"That which hits the fan, will not be evenly distributed."