On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:27:17 -0500, Scot Jenkins <scot at thinkunix.net> wrote:

> maybe not detailed enough, but would phpsysinfo work?
> http://phpsysinfo.sourceforge.net/phpsysinfo/?template=classic

Thanks, Scot.  But, I'm already running it on a majority of my systems.

What I'm looking for is a script that generates a flatfile of the
system settings and information that include (but not limited to):

cpu
memory
disks
disk usage
partition info
fstab
users
groups
services
netstat
packages
dmesg
kernel parameters
loaded modules

I have a fairly decent start on it, but it's far from inclusive.  I'm
more than certain there's a lot of things I'm overlooking as well.

The idea of putting it to a flat file is so that it can be stored for
an undetermined amount of time for disaster recovery, upgrading of the
server, etc.  An html file would be ideal so that it can be viewed
easily.

Here's the manpage for sys_check:
http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V50A_HTML/MAN/MAN8/0346____.HTM

I'm sure there's already something out there, but I'm not having much
luck googling.  I've been looking for an example sys_check file in
html format, but don't seem to be finding any either.

--
-Shawn

"That which hits the fan, will not be evenly distributed."