From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Yaron
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 3:42 PM
To: TCLUG
Subject: [TCLUG] How Hot does your CPU get?

Hey all.

I'm wondering if any of you monitor your CPU temp. What's normal? What are
the ranges? etc. And what kind of cooling solution are you using (Fan that
came with the CPU, kickass fan, water, helium)?

I just got an AMD64, and I'm using the fan/heatsink it came with. The CPU
temp is normally around 105 degrees, but when I actually make it work
(it's been encoding OGGs for the past hour or so) it goes up to 120. As
soon as encoding is done, it drops back down.

My previous CPU was way hotter... till I accidentally disconnected the
fan's temp sensor, so it was always on High.

I'm curious about other peoples' setup now (:

-Yaron