Daniel Taylor wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Phil & Kate Smith wrote:
>

>>I/m Looking for a good TC DSL ISP...any comments welcome.
>>any experiences with:
>>Qwest
>
> Qwest has passed 3 strikes with me.
> I minimize the amount of business I do with them now.
>

>>Sound Internet
>>others?
>
> Visi and RealTime are good, but I've gone with Speakeasy
> because they use Covad DSL service. I'm running 6Mbs now
> for only $100/mo, with turnup and service quality that
> I have never gotten from even the best Qwest-dependent provider.
>
> Sorry guys, Qwest is a liability for you.

I'll second that.  Visi is good, but you're still running on top of
Qwest, so if Qwest drops a node or whatever it will still hit you.
Although if you had to choose between running with a provider that runs
off Qwest hardware or going fully with Qwest, I'd go with the other
provider every time.  We use Visi at work, and the quality of the
customer service is so far above anything we've gotten from Qwest, it's
not even funny.

I've used Speakeasy at home before and they were great.  If I remember
right, they even use Linux for their internal business programs and will
even offer support for it.  It's nice not having to explain to tech
support that you use Kmail/Evolution/Mozilla for email instead of Outlook.

My $0.02

Chris Frederick