Hey,

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Scot Jenkins wrote:

> Check your DHCP server's logs to confirm it's getting an address.  You
> could have your DHCP statically assign a given IP for the new box's nic
> based on it's mac address to be sure which box is making the request in
> the event you have a busy network.

That's how my network is setup - machines get a static address off the
DHCP server. The thing I'm not sure about is... Ok. There's a DHCP request
when the machine starts the netboot. The next request is REALLY close
behind that, and I can't tell if it's the netboot looking for the boot
image, or the kernel self-configuring. You need kernel support for DHCP
(or bootp or arp) in order to be able to nfsmount /...

> hitting CTRL+S or the "scroll lock" key should stop the display,
> CTRL+Q or the "scroll lock" key again will let it continue.

Tried that... it's not far enough into the kernel load to accept keyboard
input.

> I've never tried mounting / off NFS but verify it's exported rw to the
> root account from the host system.  Check /etc/fstab.

It is exported. And it's not an /etc/fstab thing, because this machine
doesn't get far enough to see it's /etc/fstab (: Like I said, it's getting
a "Network is unreachable" error, and there are no denies from the nfs
daemons.

-Yaron