Hey there,

So, I'm putting together a new machine, and all the components are here
except the harddrive, which for some reason hadn't shipped until
everything else was alreayd here...

So I figured, I'll try booting it diskless, just for fun.

I'm pretty close!

I got to the point where the thinbg will boot from the network (using
pxeboot on my tftp/dhcp server). It boots a kernel I built specifically
for the new machine, with support for it's hardware, and no modules.

But it won't mount the root filesystem off NFS.

It says it's getting an "error 101" which I think is "Network is
unreachable".

Now, the kernel has support for VIA Rhine cards, which is what is builtin
on this MBoard. I /think/ it's DHCPing an address for itself, but I'm not
100% sure (the logs aren't clear - there IS a DHCP request and reply right
after it boots the kernel, but it scrolls by too fast). There are no NFS
errors on the server.

Course, the client panics so I can't scroll back, and of course it leaves
no logs....

Anyone have any suggestions?

-Yaron