On Friday 01 October 2004 09:55 pm, Sam MacDonald wrote:
> Anything less then a PII is not viable as a donation for most places.
>
> Sam.

Agreed.  TCPC has group called CompuDonors[1] and they won't take anything
less than a PII at this point.

> Yaron wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I've got a friend who has some old hardware she wants to get rid of.
> > Anyone know any charities who might want 'em? These are 486s and up. I
> > think.
> >

> > -Yaron

That said, how many systems are we talking about. Might be an interesting LUG
project to create a LTSP "computer center" at a Community Center in
neighborhood that could benefit from such a thing. The center would need to
have Internet access etc.

Just a thought...

[1] - http://www.tcpc.com/compudonors.htm

--