> Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 10:27:52 -0500
> From: Josh Close <narshe at gmail.com>

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:57:20 -0500, Robert D. De Mars
> <tclug at b-o-b.homelinux.com> wrote:
> > I don't want to start a flame war or anything like that, but
> > I wouldn't be doing my duty if I didn't say "Why not try
> > Slackware?" It's easy, solid, and just works.  Simply follow
> > the instructions & you should be up & running in no time.
> > Ok, I feel better now. ;-P
> > Have fun with you Deb. Install...
> >
> > Adios,
> > Robert De Mars
>
> .....same with Gentoo...... and the Gentoo docs are really helpful for
> linux in general, not just Gentoo.
>
> -Josh

I was considering Debian because of its philosophy. It seemed like it
would be the best for using the computer to get things done rather than
playing with the OS.

Just looked at Slackware: Ease of Use and Stability. Nice goals. I may
consider it.

I've tried Gentoo. I don't like it. I don't want to compile everything.
Neither do I want to get packages that are an afterthought to the
compile-everything attitude. Not for me, thanks.

Chris Schumann