On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 06:53:03PM -0600, Todd Young wrote:
> I'm very impressed with MEPIS, just wish the current release supported
> SMP. I also need to take the time to figure out how to install with two
> hard drives (root and home), as I like to have the OS on a smaller hard
> drive and the home folder on a large hard drive. I tried the partition
> software in the installer and created the proper partitions, but it
> refused to use the secondary drive for the home folders.

You should be able to get an SMP kernel working with Mepis fairly
easily.  I haven't used Mepis itself, but since its a Debian
based distro, I belive that you should be able to install a
Debian SMP kernel.  Just search for SMP at
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages, or better yet add some
Debian lines /etc/apt/sources.list and download them directly.

As for moving your home directory around, that should be fairly
straightforward as well, though it might be easiest using the
command line. Send your current /etc/fstab file to list and I am
sure that we can walk you through it, if you'd like.