On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 16:12 -0600, Ian Stoner wrote:
> Back in the Firefox 0.8 days, there was an extension called "Session
> Saver" that would save the state of the browser when it was shut down
> (like Opera).  I haven't been able to find a comparable extension for
> Firefox 1.0.  Does anyone know if it is possible to get the browser at
> least to save tabs when closed?
>
> Also, what is the best way to get Firefox to open mailto links in an
> email client?

If you're using Gnome I'd recommend looking into Galeon. It does session
saving, the native GTK UI is way faster than Firefox, its rock solid,
and it integrates nicely into Gnome. It'll call the email client set up
in your Gnome preferences, etc.

There's also Epiphany which is a fork of Galeon and is apparently the
official Gnome browser, but the last few times I've tried it I've
managed to crash it instantly so I've stuck with Galeon. Galeon aims
more towards power users whereas Epiphany aims to be a poster child for
the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines.