Keith Bachman wrote:
> I'd like to hear what these 228 (or more) patents are, so that we
> could work to resolve them...I mean, if they've been counted, then
> someone should look at them and see how applicable they are (maybe
> some are legitimate, and some were questionable, and it's not as bad
> as they make it out to be)

This link below states (referring to Ballmers assertion):

"He also miscontrues the point of the OSRM study, which found that
Linux potentially (not definitely) infringes 283 un-tested patents,
while not infringing a single court-validated patent. The point of the
study was actually to eliminate the FUD about Linux' alleged legal
problems by attaching a quantifiable measure vs. the speculation. And
the number we found, to anyone familiar with this issue, is so average
as to be boring; almost any piece of software potentially infringes at
least that many patents."

http://linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2004111901326NWLL