Rhett Butler wrote:
> I realise I'm a linux newbie and I have no experience with
> slackware Linux, however with this kind of interest I'm
> sure you could market some sort of event to help raise
> funds for the the man's illness.

welcome to the world of Linux!

> Why not hold an installfest and request a donation from
> participants?  Such an event could accomplish both
> spreading linux (which I'm sure is dear to Volkerding), and
> raising money for him.

While that's a good idea, we just recently had and installfest the end
of October.  The problem with such an event is always coordination of
space to hold one.  I think time is a critical factor here given Pat's
condition.  If someone has space available for free and wants to
coordinate a fundraiser/installfest, by all means go for it.

Adam Maloney posted earlier today that he is going to email Pat
regarding financial contributuions from TCLUG.  Depending on how that
goes, we'll probably just pick a place/time where folks can drop off
cash donations and make one lump sump donation to Pat.
--
scot