On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Tim Wilson wrote:
> I'm just hoping to glean some wisdom from the gnarly old mail server admins
> on the list in order to head off as many problems as possible. Our existing
> system is on life support and I'm afraid we don't have a lot of time to make
> this switch.

 If illegitimate mail is choking the old mail server, I'd think about
routing the mail through the new one, doing spam filtering there, and
passing on the "good" mail to the old server, as an interim solution.  It
might be enough to help you limp by so you can do the actual transition
"right."
 As for the actual transition, I can't really remember anything; I last
used EIMS back in 2000 or so.

     Jima