Quoting Matt Murphy <mmurphy at tc-tech.com>:

>   > It doesn't have much to do with linux.
>
> 	Yes, it does. If we continue to use closed-source voting machines with
> no paper trail, we'll never have any way to check whether the votes we
> cast were really counted correctly. A linux-based open source solution
> would give us confidence in the vote, which I for one have very little
> of at the moment.
>
> 	Whether we think there was foul play or not, I think we can all agree
> that we need open source voting machines. And while it doesn't really
> give us much more to discuss on the matter, except maybe how to
> influence secretaries of state, it is certainly linux-relevant IMO.
>
> Matt

The discussion, as evidenced by the posts on this thread so far, will quickly
turn from a technical discussion regarding the merits of different voting
systems to a vigorous liberal vs conservative slapfest. I've seen enough of
that already this year, I can't stomach any more.

There are far better places to discuss this than here.

josh