I'm in the process of building out a small email server  (as evident
in my last posting)...  I had thought there'd be a backup server for
my use in the data center it'll be in, but I found out today - or
rather I was handed today a "DAT autochanger - ADIC model 1200D" ...

It's a 12 tape - tape backup thingy - never dealt with one before :)

I need to hook this up to my server that is running Fedora 2 - I'm
pretty new with this kind of hardware so bear with me.

On the back of the server there's a expansion card sporting two
miniature looking Centronics connectors - I figured that they must be
a couple of VHDCI SCSI connectors, because the card that they are on
looks exactly like a MegaRAID Enterprise 1200 (series 428) card
pictured here:
http://www.centrix-intl.com/details.asp?item=2zxxzMGRAID-428-3

So i looks like I have two places to "hang" SCSI devices off the
server.  Now on to the Tape drive thingy.  It has two big ol'
Centronix looking connectors on the back - I assume one for the cable
from the server and the other to go to the next SCSI device or be
terminated.

Do I have to find a cable with the proper VHDCI connector on one side
and a Centronix one on the other - or get a stack of adaptors?
Will this work - using the MegaRAID card's external SCSI connector to
connect a tape backup autochanger?

Anyone have experience running a ADIC 1200D DAT autochanger from
Linux?  I got some hits on google pointing to the mtx-general mailing
list, but most of the messages are from a few years back, so I don't
know if they're still valid.

thanks
john