OK, we'll be in room EE/CSCI 3-125 for tomorrow's meeting. I also
added some background information about the speaker and his company...

Next TCLUG Meeting

When:
Saturday November 6th, noon-2pm

Topic:
Real-time data replication for Linux, presented by El Haddi from
Constant Data. At the end of his talk, he will be having a drawing to
give two copies of Constant Replicator for Linux.

                Real time data replication for and from Linux
                Or Migrating one customer two servers at a time!

                                Abstract

Constant Data (CDI)designs and develops real-time data replication
products.  I will focus on CDI's Constant Replicator(CR) product. It
allows users to mirror data changes between servers(in real-time) as
the changes occur.  This talk will cover the design and several use
cases of CR:

(a) Using Linux Constant replicator for disaster avoidance
(b) real-time content distribution (Telecoms for example)
(c) backup consolidation (many windows or Linux servers to a remote
Linux
    server).
(d) data migration from other OSs to Linux

The talk will also include some stories about how we started with
Linux and then found out that many customers use multiple OSs for
daily activities.  Today Constant Replicator is cross platform and
runs on existing servers.

I will discuss how some customers reduced Total Cost of Ownership(TCO)
by replacing their windows file servers with Linux based file servers.

A free demo of CR is available from
www.constantdata.com/products/download.php

About A. A. El Haddi

   Installed the first Linux server at the Weather Service in march
1994.  Has some hair, loves to write code in C, perl and once in a
while in Java Holds MS in computer science and a Docteur Ingenieur in
soil physics 20 years experience in Unix System admin and in software
development (U of M, NOAA, Reuters/Bridge, Tricord)D

Where:
University of Minnesota
Electrical Engineering/Computer Science Building
Room EE/CSCI 3-125
Map: http://onestop.umn.edu/Maps/EECSci/index.html