Can anyone point me to a script/program that will get only the latest version
of a yum repository package but will get all of the ones I don't have? Or is
there some yum command that will do it?  (I'm not married to yum, though)

Like the current mirrors might have
strace-4.5.4-1.i386.rpm
strace-4.5.5-1.i386.rpm
subversion-1.0.2-2.1.i386.rpm
subversion-1.0.4-1.i386.rpm
subversion-1.0.4-2.i386.rpm
subversion-1.0.6-1.i386.rpm
subversion-1.0.8-1.i386.rpm

But all I want to get is:
strace-4.5.5-1.i386.rpm
subversion-1.0.8-1.i386.rpm

I'd like to mirror but not several versions of fedora each core 2 updated
package.  yum or up2date will both download only the newest stuff, but I don't
want to do that for a fresh mirror build.  I want to just download the latest
stuff into one directory.  I couldn't get yum to do what I want and google
wasn't much help.

If I can't find what I want, I'll pull apart the yum source and figure out how
to get it to give me a list of files.

Any other suggestions?

--
Gerry Skerbitz