I've had a wonderful experience with the following combination

postfix, web-cryadm, cryus-imap, maia (maia uses amavisd-new in
combination with spam-assassin & mysql tables), razor, dcc.

I auto assume that users will use rbl and

The real powerful implimentation is the maia software.

http://www.renaissoft.com/maia/

One of my largest mail servers processes over 20,000 messages per day,
72 virtual domains, and 14 relayed (for filter purposes) domains.
Statistically we're holding 99.78% accuracy of spam being cought. Users
may have individual control or a admin may set up per domain control. It
is very powerful. The inital setup isn't terrible and I'm happy to point
anyone in the right direction. The biggest things to keep in mind when
trying to fight spam/viruses is that no one product or setup will catch
it all. One must assemble a comprehensive system and maintain all facets.

Ross Anderson