Hello,

I recently purchased a new box with an Athlon 64 3200+ proc
and 160 gig HD.  I would like to make this a dual boot
machine (I need to run windows 2000 and visual studio 2003
for work).

I'm a bit of a newbie at installing/configuring linux (I
got  fedora core 2 on my current box), and I'm not really
sure how to go about a dual boot.

I'm probably going to go with FC3 when it comes out on the
8th since I'm used to fedora and it will take advantage of
the 64.
So here are my questions in order of severity.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good step-by-step
how-to manual?  Like I said, I'm a bit of a linux newbie
and while I can run make install with the best of them some
of the more subtle configurations are still too tough for
me.  If this isn't a real option would I benefit from
purchasing a book on it?

How should I partition my drive? I'd like to go 100gigs
linux and 60 gigs for windows, but when I read stuff,
people recommend having quite a few more partitions for
different uses.  What's the logic behind this?  Is it
possible to have a partition that's shared by both (say for
mp3 files and other media)?

What do I install first? Does it matter if I install
windows or linux first?  How do I install an initialization
utility?

is FC3 a good idea? should I work with something less
bleeding edge?

Are the FC issues written in this article

http://lwn.net/Articles/86835/

still applicable to FC3 (anyone out there running the
preview release on a dual boot?)

Sorry if these questions have obvious answers..I just
haven't seen much stuff that addresses it.

=====
One man's struggle to find art in a sea of infomercials.

http://www.rhettoric.com