On Thu, 20 May 2004 10:40:07 -0500 (CDT), Chris Schumann
<cschumann at twp-llc.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Two of my business partners have set up a server (Red Hat ES 3) running
> Tomcat, but are having integration issues getting Apache to run with
> Tomcat.

This may or may not help.  Merant PVCS, which I have to "administer" at
work has a web interface to it's source code control system which uses
apache and tomcat.  The Tom cat part of the httpd.conf file follows:

Alias /vminet_temp /tmp/tester/vm/common/tomcat/temp/html
Alias /vminet_images
/tmp/tester/vm/common/tomcat/webapps/vminet/vminet_images
Alias /vminet_books /tmp/tester/books/vm/VMBOOKS

LoadModule jk_module /tmp/tester/vm/common/tomcat/bin/linux/mod_jk.so
AddModule mod_jk.c

<IfModule mod_jk.c>
  JkWorkersFile /tmp/tester/vm/common/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties
  JkLogFile /tmp/tester/vm/common/tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log
  JkLogLevel error
  JkMount /vminet.html ajp13
  JkMount /vminet_install.html ajp13
  JkMount /SampleDB ajp13
  JkMount /SampleDB/* ajp13
  JkMount /merantfs/* ajp13
  JkMount /SampleDB.dav ajp13
  JkMount /SampleDB.dav/* ajp13
</IfModule>

I'm currently working on figuring out how to decouple the tomcat server
 from the server that runs the apache server and move the apache server to
a dmz, config it with modssl and pin hole a entryped tunnel back the the
tomcat server on the lan.  Yey fun..... :/