Scot Jenkins wrote:
> Running Debian now, I created /etc/apm/event.d/noflushd to stop
> services that make the disk spin up (cron, at, sendmail, etc).  The
> script runs automatically when I switch from AC to battery or vice
> versa.

Very nice, but I'm using a 2.6 kernel with acpid rather than apmd.  I
know, I'm a masochist.  APM is going the way of the dodo at some point
in the future, so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon with acpi folk.
The unfortunate part is that acpid is not as well integrated into ANY of
the distributions just yet.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/