Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:

>*BIG FAT WARNING* don't get the ATI VE cards that require the GATOS drivers.
>
>You want something based on the bt8x8 chips (bt848, bt878) such as the
>hauppauge WinTV cards

I own and currently use the ATI TV Wonder VE and it uses the Brooktree
Corporation Bt878 chipset. I am using the kernel bttv driver and v4l
with no problems.

Granted the card is a few years old so they may be making them with
different chips these days...

>I recommend using tvtime, as it's very cpu efficient and gives you the
>best picture (with the deinterlacing filters, and XDS information decoding
>such as the name of the current TV program, when it started, when it ends,
>TV ratings, etc), it's also *fast*

I also recommend tvtime, it is not only the best looking tv application
I have used but also the most functional and I have used them all, from
kdetv to zapping.

LB