anyone ever deal with this problem?:

copy some text from one terminal (I use Aterm) and then go to paste it
into a vim session on another terminal and the (spacing) formating goes
bonkers - here's an example (it appears that leading spaces turn into tabs
or something..):

copied text:
sub parseLogfile {
         my ($filein, $fileout) = @_;
         my @results;
         debug("in file is $filein, outfile is $fileout");
         open(IFILE,"<$filein") || printDieAndWait( __LINE__,"Can't open
$filein for reading: $!");
         while (<IFILE>) {
                 chomp ($_);
                 debug("line is $_");
                 if ($_ =~ /Program: sslslsupld: Started For Store/) {
                         debug("Match for sslslsupld start");
                         my $pos = tell IFILE;
                         my @startline = split(/ /);
                         my