On Wed, 12 May 2004 11:29:35 -0500
Dan Rue <drue at therub.org> wrote:

> How do you scale that solution up, though?  I don't want 10,000
> copies of each lib.  The only thing I can think that might work is
> making hard links to the same file (soft links wouldn't work) - but
> i usually try to avoid hard links like that.

My situation is different I guess, I don't create a different chroot for each user, but rather for a group of users.  I suppose you could also have it as a mount point?  mount --bind /usr/local/somedir /chroot/somedir  Does 10,000 mounts cause problems?

Another possible problem with sftp in chroot is that you might need to have /dev mounted, cannot remember for sure.  I'm certainly learning some good things to improve my current chroot.

Thanks,

Josh