Hi all-

A buddy of mine is throwing me a "small potato" and giving me 1/2 the
cut.  The job is setting up a small ftp server for a client.

The requirements are (seemingly) next to nothing:

A site where clients of the client can drop off files (under 20 Meg a day)
and at the end of the day, generate a report of what got tranferred and
move the transferred files off to a backup machine.

I immediately thought of SSH and sftp, gave warnings of the insecurities
of ftp etc - but was told that the end users will not touch the command
line and will be using IE to conenct and drag -n- drop files to the ftp
server. OOOkkkayyy...

Ok, so I thought of using vsftp and making a blind, anonymous "drop off"
ftp server... Connect as anonymous, drop files in an "incoming" location
and that's it.

The box will most likely be a walmart special x86 (uptime is not a concern
 from what he tells me a.k.a rebuild box if it goes south.).  I have to
choose a linux distro for this.  I use gentoo day-to-day, so I thought of
using that and vsftp (I also use this on my personal box).

So - Gentoo, vsftpd, sshd for my remote access, on an el cheapo box, set
customer expections up front, clue bat, what else am I going to need?

Any advice, warnings, etc - This will be my first time doing something
like this... :\