Hello all,

I'm looking for any success story for using the USB2 port on 2.5" and
a 3.5" drive enclosures under Linux.  Ones that also have a firewire
port would also be nice for when I visit my Mac-zealot (tm) friends.

I've got a USB enclosure with the dreaded Genesys 64x chipset.  Works
fine (sorta) under the 2.4.xx kernel but is completely broken in
2.6.x code.

I tried paching drivers/usb/storage/unusual_devs.h and I'm fed up with
that and "just want the damn thing to work" (tm)

Could anyone supply me with a brand recommendation or a link where
they got one that works under Linux.

I'm running Fedora Core 1 with a custom 2.6.5 kernel for my Dell
Inspiron 1100. (Suspend still donesn't work but I've given up on that
too!)

Thanks much!

--
Christopher A. Gahlon

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand
binary and those that don't.