>>> wilson at visi.com 05/05/04 06:35PM >>>
>On 5/5/04 6:12 PM, "John T. Hoffoss" <hoff0438 at umn.edu> wrote:

>> Doesn't the DynDNS updater hit an external server just for this type of
>> situation? (i.e. www.whatismyip.com) If so, I don't think you'll have any
>> problems.

>The IPCop is getting 192.168.102.100 for its IP address. The Vonage ATA has
>got the real IP address. My understanding is that IPCop reports the upstream
>IP to the DynDNS service. With the Motorola ATA box's DHCP/NAT turned on,
>IPCop doesn't know the right IP to report.

A co-worker has the Motorola unit from Vonage. In the manner that you have connected
things, the Motorols is acting as a NAT router, so your IPCop will get a NATed address.

The better approach would be to simply connect the outside interface of the Motorola box
behind your IPCop firewall and be done with it. That's the only way to connect the Cisco ATA
adapter that Vonage used to have (that's what I have) and it works just fine behind my Netscreen
firewall. Likewise, my co-worker has now connected his Motorola adapter behind his firewall
and it is also working just fine. No port forwarding required.

Bruce