Hey everyone,

I'm trying out the Vonage VoIP service (http://vonage.com/). I got the
Motorola box in the mail yesterday and have played around with it a bit. I
got the phone working (sounded great) with my broadband Internet connection.
There's one problem though.

I'm using IPCop on an old box as my firewall. I've got a Web server in a DMZ
on my network along with a separate subnet for the other machines. I
installed the device as indicated in the instructions between my cable modem
and the IPCop box. The Motorola VoIP box does DHCP/NAT which I don't need.
When I turned off the DHCP/NAT, my Internet connection was down. The VoIP
box isn't passing the traffic through to IPCop (the upstream ethernet card
in the IPCop box isn't getting an IP address from the cable modem).

It looks like I may have to put the Motorola box inside my firewall and use
port forwarding. The instructions mention this. I'll loose the QoS features
of the box in this config, but I don't seem to have any other choice.

If I use the DHCP on the VoIP box, I don't see how my Web server will
function using the DynDNS update feature of my IPCop installation.

Any suggestions from other Vonage subscribers?

-Tim

(BTW, they have a refer-a-friend program and you can get a credit on your
plan if you're referred by a current subscriber. The referrer gets a credit
too, of course.)

--
Tim Wilson
Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA