On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 09:33, Ben wrote:

> This is my vote. Never EVER remove it or the email address.
> If people feel they have a way to remove their remarks from the
> archives, why be careful about what you say?

But what if some 3rd party said something about you that was not true.
Maybe someone posts something like "B. L. destroyed my backups and
sabotaged my network and and it cost me $3,000,000 in lost data".  Some
future prospective employer/client googles your name and an believes you
are a criminal. Wouldn't you want that removed?

I'm just sayin' who knows what someone might say. Sure, if someone makes
themselves look like a fool they should live with it, but words can harm
others too, others who might not deserve the consequences. IANAL but if
the admin refuses to remove some slanderous remark because of some iron
clad policy he put in place then he could be liable too.

--
Tom Penney <blots at visi.com>