Quoting Florin Iucha <florin at iucha.net>:

> Whose laws? State of Minnesota? US? EU? All the world?

Well, for a site hosted in the US, there would certainly be an obligation to
comply with US law. Once again, the DMCA comes to mind as it seems it can apply
to virtually anything that someone decides they don't want posted on the net.
It may be necessary to comply with laws from abroad if a foreign court decides
that the list content suitably violates their law, the case where French courts
ruled that Yahoo! had to prevent auctions selling Nazi memorabilia from being
veiwed by French citizens comes to mind. This was the ruling last I heard, I
don't know if the French courts ever revisited this. Although I don't think RTE
has any French operations, so this might not be a factor :)

Mind you that I am not a big fan of these poorly thought through attempts at
governing the Internet. They are, however, a current fact of life on the
Internet today and when formulating a policy of this variety need to be
considered.

Josh