when last we saw our hero (Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004),
 Brian was madly tapping out:
> > I'm glad to hear your cable works, but just as a sidenote, I have heard of
> > Qwest and other ISPs sending out these management cables to owners/renters
> > of Cisco 675/678s in the past. They won't always, but a few friends have
> > been able to sweet-talk them into it.
>
> Rumor has it that the pinout is different on the 67x console cables than
> standard Cisco gear.  Not a problem if you're armed with an RJ45 crimper,
> but something to be careful of.
>
> Thanks for the tip, I'll be bugging Qworst shortly.

the pinouts for the 600 series are different than the usual cisco
serial pinouts. courtesy of the netspeed acquisition. pinouts for the
600 series can be found here[1].   be sure to pay attention to the
cautionary note in the documentation.

references
[1]  - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/modems/ps296/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008007ddb1.html

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC