> Wondering if any LUGers have any leads on good projects that the girl
> can use. She's fairly knowledgable about computer stuff, but knows 0
> HTML, and her will glaze over at the mention of MySQL, SCP, or even
> FTP. :)

I just set up a blog a week or so ago, and used Movable Type
(http://www.movabletype.org/).  Once it is configured, you interact with
it entirely through a web interface.  It helps to know things like <i>
and <a> tags if you want anything other than plain text in your posts,
though.

The software has detailed setup instructions that make it easy to set
up.  I spent about half an hour doing some minimal tweaking of its
stylesheets.  If you want to see what it looks like *almost* out of the
box, check out my blog at
http://goodmanbrown.dnsalias.org/~istoner/blog/

I believe Movable Type also has a free online service, that you sign up
for an account and get a pre-configured blog.  But I didn't try that
out.

Ian

--
Ian Stoner